Well, this week has certainly been anything but normal. I've been extremely exhausted, to the point of not remembering how I made it home and to bed the night before. I wake up realizing I have little recollection of the previous night and know that I was not drinking. The only thing I can come up with is that I'm fighting a bug. I hope this is the worst of fighting it as there is a nasty strand of the flu going around with 105 fevers and hospitalized people. I've had students out for days at a time. I'm hoping that I do not get it. I hate the thought of being sick. While I would like some time off, somehow the alternative to work doesn't seem inviting. And by the way badgergirl, I agree with the bad weather post. We had the same thing happen. Only, we did need at least a 2 hour delay the day of the "horrible horrible storm that will keep people trapped at home for fear of safety for the entire weekend", we did not even get that. Every school around had a delay or cancellation. Hundreds, literaly it looked like over a hundred listings online, of schools, except us. I can still not believe we went on time. In any case, one of my students ending up wrapping himself around a tree and one of our special ed buses was hit too. Way to make an executive decision huh? All the while, I have to tell the students that of course we should have had school today. There's no reason we should all still be snuggled up in our warm beds and not have to trek out in this rain/snow/sleet/slush crap to a school with half the students because half of them stayed up too late hoping for a snow day and when it didn't happen said screw it and didn't go anyway. (Note, if I were a student, I would have said kiss it and not come that day.) Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. I think I am done with my randomness for today. Sorry for the massive irregular sentences. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i remember more than once when i was little my mom decided that the school could be open but i wasn't going because the school officials didn't have to try to drive over the plow lumped ice at the base of the driveway in a camaro, and she wasn't going to try it.
Post a Comment